The new year is here and once again we are faced with that question: Do I try this again. Do I set another New Year’s Resolution?
You know it’s hard putting on the same pair of jeans year after year because the ones you really want to wear are too damn small. Finally, one day you start looking at those big jeans saying, they’re not so bad. You just gotta know how to rock them. Then you forget all about those smaller jeans. Until one day, something comes along, reminding you that it’s never too late to fit into those other jeans.
Go ahead. Take them back. You ain’t gotta be loyal to those big jeans. They want you to reclaim your hotness too!
So for all those who believe that the best is yet to come, that this new year is an opportunity to let go of the past and come out of the gate swinging, here are:
7 Easy Ways to Reclaim Your Hotness in 2015!
1) ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING. Be open. Be fearless. Be ready to switch up your game plan if it’s not working. Resistance will always be there ready to stop you, but this year is about going all the way. Now, in case you’ve forgotten what it’s like to be fearless, surely you were fearless at least once in your life. Think back to that time and remember what it felt like to slay that dragon. Did you walk into the boss’s office and demand a raise? Did you drop that dude that was bringing you nothing but drama? Whatever the case, let your rock-star-alter-ego save the day. Hey, it worked for the Queen B. Honestly, Beyonce is cool, but Sasha Fierce is the real star!
2) EAT FOODS THAT GIVE YOU ENERGY. And that doesn’t mean Snickers! Or soda. Or chips. You can’t slay any dragons if you don’t have the energy to raise your sword. Stock up on bananas, which are full of sugar, but also full of energy, spinach which helps with digestion, curbs overeating, prevents constipation, combats colds and will have your skin looking shiny like a brand new penny, and honey, which was used by ancient Olympic athletes, along with figs, to enhance performance. Blend these super ingredients into a power shake and watch yourself go!
3) Make EXERCISE a priority. No one is saying go out and run a marathon, but most of us can step it up in the workout department. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, walk whenever possible, and dance! In addition to helping tone the body, research has shown that dancing reduces tension and stress, boosts creativity, improves posture and balance, wards off illnesses, fights depression, and raises confidence. Not to mention it’s fun! Whether out at a club or in the comfort of your home, turn on Pandora Radio- ‘Bollywood Workout’ channel is sick!- and you will be dropping it like it’s HAWT in no time!
4) GET YOUR SEX ON! Studies show that sex can lower blood pressure, reduce heart attack risk, give you increased energy, and relieve stress. That may be all you need to meet your goals this year! But if you find that the only time you get hot is when you see an Idris Elba photo, have no fear BADAM is here!
A little known fact is that almonds boost sex drive, so this sweet Indian drink made of almond milk with a touch ofSaffron and Cardamom is sure to get your temperature rising. Those in the know swear by it, but they may be too busy having sex to share the news!
5) CLEAN HOUSE! A de-cluttered home leads to a de-cluttered mind, which clears the way for creativity to flow, increased energy and an over-all fresher outlook on life. But don’t just clean your house, LITERALLY CLEAN HOUSE. Get rid of toxic people too. Studies show that toxic people bring you down and often discourage you from achieving your goals. By letting these people go, you’re actually making room for those who are positive and will support you.
6) WRITE YOUR GOALS DOWN. First, be clear about what you want to achieve because it’s hard to get what you don’t know you want. Once you know, write it down, and here’s one damn good reason:
According to a study conducted in 1979 by the Harvard MBA program, graduate students were asked if they had set clear, written goals for their future and made plans to accomplish them? The result, only 3% had written goals and plans, 13% had goals that weren’t written down, and 84% had no goals at all. Ten years later, the same group was interviewed again and the result was enough to make your toes curl. The 13% of the class who had goals, but did not write them down was earning twice the amount of the 84% who had no goals. The 3% who had written goals were earning, on average, ten times as much as the other 97% of the class combined! Boom.
7) HAVE FUN! Yes, reaching goals, reclaiming your hotness, sometimes even getting out of bed can take every ounce of energy you have, but it’s not going to kill you, so be easy about it. Have fun. Reward yourself for things done right, forgive yourself for getting off track, and always keep going. YOU CAN DO THIS!
By Erickka Sy Savané
This article first appeared on MommyNoire.com